I help communications service providers and their suppliers to make transformational advances by out-thinking and outflanking their competition.
I do this by working at the very forefront of knowledge about broadband networks, voice and messaging. I share deep and profound insights that enable otherwise unthinkable improvements in productivity and performance.
My personal goal is to facilitate paradigm change in the telecoms industry. I approach this task in two ways: the establishment of packet networking as a formal science, and the evolution of voice into a full-blown hypermedium akin to the Web.
My clients work within and across IT and telecoms. I bring structure, insight, critical thinking and creativity that is not available from mainstream consultancies and analysts.
To serve my clients, I bring a distinct combination of skills and experiences:
- an understanding of network performance engineering that isn't taught anywhere;
- co-founder of the Hypervoice Consortium, the industry association for value-added voice services;
- consulting experience at a strategic level for multinational operators and vendors;
- practical experience of opening up a telco as an application platform;
- deep technical knowledge of both IT and telecoms;
- strong awareness of organisational development and inter-personal issues;
- a diverse network of contacts across the telecoms-media-technology ecosystem;
- intellectual stamina to understand complex and abstract design and business principles;
- the ability to communicate ideas well, both in writing and in person;
- a sense of compassion for others resulting from my own personal journey.
Upcoming conferences where I am speaking or participating
19th-22nd November, Bangkok - ITU Telecom World.
21st-22nd November, Bangkok - Telecom Application Developer Summit.
28th-29th November, Berlin - Future Seamless Communications Forum.
3rd-5th March, San Francisco - eComm.
29th April-1st May, Barcelona - IMS World Forum.